Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Men From My Past

So I found some of the people I was hoping to, finally. Also I found some people I was hoping not to. My dad has a MySpace page. How weird is that? He set it up in March- from Kuwait I guess, because it's my understanding that's where he was in March. It doesn't tell anything about him though. Not very helpful if you want that voyeristic aspect of getting to know a person without interacting with them or having to tell them you're doing it or anything about yourself.

My hubby is gone for three weeks. I took the opportunity to use my new MySpace information today and call up an old boyfriend. THE old boyfriend really. It was a perfectly harmless conversation, and a one-time thing. I just wanted to get two things off my chest that I've been carrying around for the last 13 years. One- that I did care about him and that our mutual decision to break up was the hardest and best thing I've ever done; and two- I needed his forgiveness for something specific that happened between us and which I won't go into. I feel much better having said those things to him, and I am definitely telling my husband about the conversation. I think if you can't be honest then it would be innappropriate, but if you have nothing to hide then you've done nothing wrong. However, I'm not sure just how to approach the subject with him. He is not always totally secure. How do I explain that I now have some long-needed closure and that, if anything, I will feel even closer to him now?

No comments: