Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eclipses

Well, the D&C went fine. No complications. It was a bizarre experience. HOURS of waiting to get in and then in a second it was over and I was waking up. Anesthesia is very strange. If you've had it, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you'll just have to take my word for it.
My little happy pills seem to be kicking in. That is a very good thing. I have felt like getting up and getting dressed the last couple days. I started feeling yesterday like I wanted to clean the house so I'm planning to actually do something today. I feel a little less numb all the time.

The funeral for Grandma went well. It was nice and we made it there and back without weather trouble on the road. Any grief I might have felt at the loss of this good woman who lived a very full life was completely overshadowed by my grief over the loss of my baby. I had a weird sensation of just sort of floating through the motions while we were there.

Father-in-Law is now in the hospital in That Place They Took Her To Be Buried. Turns out that in addition to the blood clots he has a major infection and has to have his galbladder removed. There is some additional risk with the procedure due to another condition he has. Husband is really worried, and I'm worried for him. I sat wondering yesterday just how much more could happen this month.

"Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but for a small moment, and if thou endure it well..."

Happy day. All is well.

1 comment:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I have had anesthesia and it is weird and I don't like it! I hope you are doing well. My thoughts are with you! love you!