- I can't sleep with pants on- or anything that might wrap around my legs, actually. Pajamas are the enemy. I had some sort of recurring nightmare when I was a kid that something was holding my legs and wouldn't let go. My paralyzing fear of fire notwithstanding, I sleep in my underwear every night. Hopefully if there ever IS a fire, it won't be in the middle of a blizzard.
- I drink bottled water because the water in This Place tastes like poison. Laced with dirt. That's not the quirky part. I can't drink a partially drunk bottle of water. If I drink the water at one sitting, fine- but if that water is still in there the next day.... I will take the dehydration, thank you.
- I absolutely DETEST- I mean really hate here people- the feeling of brushed stainless steel. You know, the kind that is in the kitchen sink and the mixing bowls and anything else that is especially useful? Ugh-h-h-h-h!!!! It makes my skin crawl and my teeth zing just to think about it. This is really not so handy when it comes to washing dishes. In fact, a lot of the time, I just leave the wash-by-hand ones in the sink until Husband comes to my rescue and magics them clean. The same reaction applies to the SOUND of styrofoam. I just shuddered as I typed that and then got goosebumps. ICK. Styrofoam.
- I am a human popsicle all my waking hours. Even if I am deathly ill with some massive raging infection, I remain a cool 95 degrees while I'm awake. I'm serious. Even more weird than that, is that three minutes after I fall asleep, my body temperature shoots up to surface-of-the-sun-type heat and stays there until about five minutes after I wake up again. Poor Husband. He needs to sleep in HIS underwear just to avoid getting heat stroke.
- I can't stand when dishrags get left in the sink. If they are left there by someone else and they are not rinsed and spread out to dry on a clean surface, I pick them up by one tiny corner with the smallest bit of finger possible and throw them straight in the trash as soon as that person leaves my house. It doesn't seem to bother me if I leave them there though. (That's probably only because I would never leave one longer than 5 minutes.)
- When I was a kid I used to eat bowls full of E.L. Fudge cookies like cereal with melted vanilla ice cream on them instead of milk. I probably shouldn't tell you that it's really good.
So there you are. Six quirky things about me that you never knew. Not as exciting as Kristy's, but that's only because you guys already know all my "freakadoos". It's not like I keep any of them a secret.
Ok- The six people I tag are: Kelly, Amber, Cam and/or Kay, Lindsey, Jaycey, and Rebecca. Anyone else is welcome to share as well. Consider yourself tagged if you've read this. Just stick 'em in the comments if you don't want to post one of these doodads on your own blog.